Monday, January 11, 2010

Male Privilege

I am glad most of my friends & cousins were boys when I was younger because it showed me the development of the their male privilege. I did not tolerate it and I still do not tolerate it. I learned what sexual harassment/assault was when I was 7 years old. I learned about abuse when I was 2. I used to jump boys after to school for messing with me. Anyways as I continue in this movement, I have a strong frustration for the male privilege that my comrades have been using very frequently. This unfortunately is normal in movements where womyn are somewhat oppressed while they are organizing with men.

Honestly, I try to listen to everyone and what they say to me. I would fully appreciate it if the men that I organize with will be aware of how they treat womyn and step back and LISTEN. With the public eye watching us as well, ppl around you view you as their heroes. Do we really need to be praising men that practice their male privilege on the regular and cannot listen to their female commrads? Lets set examples for the youth & the people!!! THEN WE CAN HAVE A REVOLUTION !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment